- It costs money to support your web site with SEO
- It takes time to get your rankings up on the first page (3-4 months)
- SEO is not an appropriate strategy for every website, and other Internet marketing strategies can be more effective like paid advertising through pay per campaigns, depending on the site your goals.
- SEO may generate an adequate return on investment, however, search engines are not paid for organic (free) search traffic, their algorithms change, and there are no guarantees of continued referrals with a new web site.
- If you drop your SEO you will drop in the overall rankings on all search engines. If your business relies heavily on search engine traffic it can suffer major losses if the search engines stop sending visitors
Our recommended SEO strategy
You – (you know your business and customers)
- Research and develop your core list of your targeted audience
- Create the keywords that best target this audience
- Finalize and agree on a budget
We – Our Company
- Audit your key words in terms of click through per month
- Set up the web site in terms of Meta tagging etc.
- Perform a web site audit
- Begin the process on a monthly basis
Source: Search Engine Journal